Thursday, July 24, 2014

Going home again… apparently you can.

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've blogged so I apologize in advance for the loooooong post. There has been many changes since the last time I wrote. We sold a house, bought a house, got a job after being out of work for the last 7 years, and moved to Philadelphia. So lets do this in an orderly fashion… the least stressful of all those three crazy things I just listed was selling my house. I go on and on about my old neighborhood. (It feels really weird to say that. How is it possible that I no longer live in the BEA?!) My house sold for asking price within two weeks of being on the market. Buying my house was a little stressful. It wasn't the Philadelphia thing, anytime you buy a house it's stressful. The absolute most stressful thing ever was moving. The move really snuck up on me so mentally,  I wasn't prepared. Our move was a nightmare, our packers on both ends were horrible, and so much of my stuff got broken, I can't even talk about it. Anywho, after all that, here I am, back "home." After 11 years away it seems a little surreal. It's great to be around my family, my kids can see their grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins pretty much whenever they want, which is awesome. Speaking of my kids, I've barely seen them since we've been here. They're having a blast! It's great to be here but I miss Virginia Beach TERRIBLY. I miss everything about Virginia Beach, my house, my neighborhood, and most importantly, my friends. Who, by the way, I could not have gotten through my move without. My BEA peeps were such a big help. I have never properly thanked them for everything they did. Honestly, I don't think I will ever be able to properly thank them for many reasons; 1-there's no way I could possibly do anything to show my gratitude, and 2- It would make me way too emotional. To say I was a hot mess the day I left is an understatement.  So, if any of you are reading this, please know, your help and friendship means more to me then you could possibly know.

The second part leading to the yoga of it all would be when I went back to Virginia Beach last weekend. My friend Olivia and I had tickets to see the AMAZING Phillip Phillips in concert (which was awesome BTW!) While I was there I went back to my old yoga stomping grounds for some yoga with Jodi. I've decided that Sunday morning "Jodi class" has been added to my list of happy places. There is just something about the yoga room at Inlet fitness. If you live in Virginia Beach and have never take a yoga class at Inlet you are doing yourself a disservice. Being back in that room on a mat gave me an instant feelings of peace and calm. I held my own in class and felt so great afterwards. Jodi had us focus on being receptive to change. Considering all the new in my life it seemed fitting. This brings me to share with you my absolute favorite quote…"coincidence is God's way of staying anonymous." We get put in places in the exact time we are supposed to be there. I'm sad to have had to leave Virginia but I have unshakeable faith that I am where I am supposed to be. Each new experience, each event that brings change  is just a chapter in our life story. Change can be scary but I know that God has a life planned out for me greater then I can only imagine. I'm just along for the ride and am looking forward to see what's next.

In closing, I'm here to tell you in life and in yoga you most definitely CAN go home again… no matter how long you've been gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment