Monday, February 17, 2014

Blessed.

Happy Monday ya'll! It's been awhile (again) since I've blogged. Let's get right down to it shall we… yoga is hard… you know what makes it harder? Doing something to your shoulder. I woke up a few weeks ago and thought maybe I slept on it funny… the pain didn't go away, and got significantly worse. Last Friday I was in class and I did something and OW OW F' ITY OW! I had to leave class early. :( My wonderful instructors Dana and Jen messaged me later that day to check on me, and I realized… yoga is about so much more then poses and bending yourself like a  pretzel. It's about community, helping one another, and sharing your light and energy with everyone around you. I'm not fishing or feeling sorry for myself but the fact that two different people thought enough to check in on me meant so much. If you're reading this thank you Dana and Jen, you guys are the dogs tuxedo! Here's what I learned this week, yoga is as much about what we do off our mats then the poses and the pretzel twisting. Earlier last week I took my sweet Simon back to the vet. I was uber stressed because I had to fill a prescription that was going to be very expensive. It turns out one of the vet techs had a dog that passed from congestive heart failure. She had an (almost) full bottle of his prescription that she was waiting to give to the "right" dog. We were blessed that day and it hit me… pay it forward, help others when you can, and be nice. On a different note, if you haven't already heard it listen to the Kenny Chesney song (with Dave Matthews) "I'm Alive." You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment