Monday, January 6, 2014

Confession


Okay ya'll, here it is… confession time. Sometimes I go to yoga just for Savasana. There I said it. Whew! I feel better now. :)


Today I went to a multi flow class. To say it was challenging is an understatement. But I did it. I tried my best to let go and not worry about what everyone else was doing. I need to work on being ok with where I'm at in my journey. I'm sure if I keep at it I'll get where I need to be. As a friend of mine said, "Rome wasn't built in a day." 

I got to class a little early and attempted to work on my headstand. Here's the challenge I'm having… I don't want to do it with anyone around cause I'm embarrassed that I can't do it, but I got afraid to do it alone in the room cause what if I fell and broke my neck?! I gave up after only one attempt and moved on to working on tree. I got my foot on my thigh when I did it up agains a wall. Mini victory! 

My personal hate of the day is the inadequacy that comes with challenging poses. For me, today, it was eagle pose… my body just does not bend in the way it's supposed to to get in that pose. I modified, and tried to let the insecurity of not doing it the way EVERYONE else in the room was doing it wash away. Insecurity got the best of me during shoulder stand… while having difficulty trying to get up, I'm not going to lie…. a couple of tears of frustration may have fell. I'm proud of how I dealt with it though… I wiped them away and tried again. Nailed it! 

The lesson for today, keep going, never give up, and remember to breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment